COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion (as defined below). The Promoter (as defined below) reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- The promoter is Proximo Spirits Ireland, Ferry House, 48 Mount Street Lower, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Promoter”).
- “Harris Public Relations Ltd”, 4th Floor, Lenin House, Rear of Great Strand St, Dublin 1 (“Agency”) is responsible for administrative aspects of the Promotion (including technical support, etc.).
- For questions or comments, the Agency can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Starting date: 12.00pm (IST) on 10th February 2020
- Closing date: 11:59 pm (IST) on 9th March 2020
- Finalists will be notified by 16th March 2020
- The finals will take place in Dublin on 24th March 2020
- Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered for inclusion into the Promotion.
WHO MAY ENTER
- This competition (“Promotion”) is open to Irish based bartenders aged 18 or over.
- The following may not enter or win a prize: (a) employees of Promoter or its agencies (including the Agency) and their family members and (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with the Promotion or the Promoter and/or their family members.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
- One entry per bartender.
- All representing bars must be a Jose Cuervo stockist.
- Incomplete entries and entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- Internet access is required.
- We will not be covering any travel expenses on the day of the competition.
THE ENTRY MECHANIC
All contestants will be asked to provide the following information:
- Full name and address (including postcode)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Bar name and address
- Cocktail recipe
- Method and garnish
- Photo including a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver
Please note all participating bars must be a Jose Cuervo stockist. Contact our Business Developers below for more information.
Mobile: +44 (0) 7734 128048
Mobile: + 353 87 241 8580
Republic of Ireland
Mobile: + 353 87 661 3136
By participating in the competition, entrants assign to Proximo Spirits and their affiliated Companies to the full right to the cocktail name, recipe, inspiration, photography of cocktail and portrait, as well as the right of using the name and the images of the participant taken during the competition.
The entrant will be accredited wherever possible that they are representing Jose Cuervo / Proximo Spirits.
The cocktails must be inspired by Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver 100% De Agave
- Jose Cuervo tequila must be the dominant spirit ingredient in the drink.
- All cocktails should contain no other competitor tequila/tequila brand.
- Recipes may include any home-made ingredients including home-made bitters, shrubs, blends or tequila infusions. Both ingredients and process must be included in the entry.
- All entrants must supply and be prepared to discuss and describe the inspiration behind their cocktail creation.
- If successful, all competitors will need to present four servings of the margarita at the live final on the 24th March 2020. One for the panel of judges, one for photography and one for crowd tasting.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNER
Winner will be notified live at Ireland’s Best Margarita event.
The judges' decision is final. Proximo Spirits reserves the right to disqualify any individual which, at its sole discretion, it believes has breached any rule of this competition
OTHER SPECIFIC TERMS
Finalists will be contacted by the 24th March 2020.
Bartenders will need to bring their own bar kit with them on the day as well as all the ingredients (excluding Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver) to make four cocktails.
The judges will be looking for creativity, an engaging presentation, and technical skills as well as judging your margarita on the aroma, appearance, flavour and balance – extra points for considering the environment and showcasing new cocktail trends.
Participation confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions and of the Legal Disclaimer.
PROMOTER’S USE OF CONTENT
- By entering the Promotion, entrants grant the Promoter, its affiliated companies and its sub-contractors the right to use any and all cocktail entries (”Content”) supplied to the Promoter in connection with the Promotion:
- for the purposes of administering this Promotion;
- for promotional and publicity purposes; and
- in all digital and social media in connection with the Promoter and the Promotion.
- To the extent permitted by law, entrants hereby waive in favour of the Promoter and agree not to assert any moral rights (or similar rights worldwide) in and in connection with their Content.
PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Ireland’s Best Margarita winner will be awarded a trip to Tequila in Mexico. Prize includes flights, transfer and accommodation. As well as an educational tequila experience.
- The overall grand prize for the winner is an educational trip to the home of the world’s largest Tequila producer learning the eight stages of tequila production in Mexico (for one person).
- The prize includes return flights to Mexico from a suitable airport, hotel transfers in Mexico and all hotel accommodation (based on a single room occupancy). Certain other costs and expenses, such as food and drink and other entertainment, may be paid for by the Promoter. Other costs, such as, transfer to the winner’s departure airport, food and drink purchased outside of the main trip events and meals and other additional costs that arise are the responsibility of the winner.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport and travel documents and vaccinations in order to be able to take up the prize. The prize does not guarantee the winner entry to Mexico.
- The prize trip must be taken on the dates organised by the Promoter: 30th April– 4th May 2020. Rearranging the dates due to the winner being unavailable for any reason will not be possible.
Please note that the prizes do not include personal expenditure and other incidental costs other than those specifically included.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part thereof) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part thereof) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- References to the “Promoter” in this Liability section include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agencies or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, death or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any prize.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
- any changes to the prizes or the way in which they can be used; and
- problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as a prize failing to reach the intended recipient)
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry or for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable, including loss of entries through technical fault or transmission delays.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry (or establishing multiple registrations in order to gain multiple entries where the number of entries is limited), the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The winner should be in good health and appropriately fit for travel and waive any claim they may have against the Promoter for any safety or health issue or problem they may have during travel.
PERSONAL DETAILS AND PUBLICITY
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they are a finalist or the winner they will grant the Promoter the free use of their name, country of residence, photographs, video and voice (“Image”) for advertising, publicity and news purposes in any media in perpetuity without additional remuneration. The winner may also be asked to take part in reasonable publicity and public relations activities in connection with the Promotion.
IRISH/NORTHERN IRISH LAW APPLIES
- This Promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prizes) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish/Northern Irish law and entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of Ireland/ Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.